This is a fun, simple and effective way to practice spelling words, names, and letters. It is also great fine motor practice!
What You’ll Need
- index cards (post it or any paper can work)
- markers – sharpies work best on the clothes pins
- clothes pins
*The Dollar Tree is a great place to grab index cards and clothes pins.
Activity Set Up
- Write a letter on each clothes pin (opposite of the clip side)
- Write the letters, names, or words your child is practicing
- Add a dot under each letter to place the clothes pin on
- Talk about the word or letter they are working out.
- Count the letters.
- Talk about the letter sounds.
- Match the letters on the clothes pins to letters on the index card
Idea for Matching
- Capital and Lowercase Letters
- High Frequency Words
- Spelling Words
- picture or stick and match the initial letter sound