Do you find yourself running out of ways to keep your children entertained while eating at a restaurant, waiting at a doctors office or even traveling? Then it’s time to implement a Literacy Busy Bag to keep you kiddo busy and building a strong literacy foundation!
What is A Literacy Busy Bag?
A Literacy Busy Bag is an on-the-go bag filled with a few activities to keep your child busy and learning while waiting for something. I recommend having 3-4 small activities in the bag with at least one book. This way, no matter how long the wait, you’re able to keep your child happy and busy!
Benefits of a Literacy Busy Bag
- It will keep your child entertained so going out to eat with little kids is more enjoyable!
- Build literacy skills that are developmentally appropriate for your specific child
- Fosters independence and creativity while on the go!
My Favorite Bags
I love using these bags because they can hold a few things, they fit in my diaper bag backpack and you can make multiple on the go bags to switch out depending on your kids interests!
Ideas For the Literacy Busy Bag
6. Dot Stickers
7. Playdough – the party size packs are perfect for on the go!
9. Twistable Crayons – so they don’t break!
10. TOOB Animals – choose the ones your child would love!
11. Peek Inside How A Plane Works Book – these are small and interactive
12. Magnetic Letters
Other Literacy Busy Bag Ideas:
- A Playdough Kit
- Playdough Letter Cards
- A Doodle Board
- Mess Free Painting
- Mess Free Coloring
- Paint By Sticker Books
Check out this video to see what’s currently in our busy bag.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.